RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY (“RELEASE AGREEMENT”)
This is a release and waiver of liability and indemnity. Please read carefully.
BY ENTERING AND USING THIS FACILITY, I am agreeing to this release and waiver of liability and indemnity.
The Golf Den Langley / Golfden Simulators, employees, instructors, agents, independent contractors, subcontractors, representatives, sponsors, successors and assigns are collectively referred to as the “RELEASEES”.
In this Release Agreement the terms “Golfing, VR, karaoke” includes but is not limited to the use of all facilities, including, without limitation, the hitting bays, pathways and waiting lounge (collectively, “Facilities”) and rental and use of all equipment (“Equipment”) and all other activities which take place at the Facilities.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I acknowledge that playing golf and the other activities, my presence at the Facilities and my use of the Facilities and Equipment involve many risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to, slips and falls; being hit by stray golf balls or golf clubs; failure to act safely or within one’s own ability or to stay within designated areas; injury, illness or death resulting from physical activity or exertion, including but not limited to as a result of any pre-existing medical condition that might affect my ability to safely participate in physical exertion, or resulting from exposure to, and the spread of, SARS-COV-2 CORONAVIRUS AND COVID-19 disease, or any other disease, bacteria or virus, whether or not the subject of an outbreak, an epidemic or a pandemic; delays in performing maintenance or repairs to the Facilities or Equipment due to the absence of onsite personnel at automated facilities; negligence of other persons; and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, WHICH INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE. I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL RISKS, DANGERS & HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE, ON MY OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ALL INDIVIDUALS WHOM I BRING TO THE FACILITIES AS A GROUP AND TO USE THE FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
In consideration of the RELEASEES permitting my use of the Facilities or Equipment, I hereby agree as follows, ON MY OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ALL INDIVIDUALS WHOM I BRING TO THE FACILITIES AS A GROUP AND TO USE THE FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT:
● TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against the RELEASEES and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage, expense or loss including but not limited to illness, injury or death that I may suffer as a result of my use of or presence at the Facilities or my use of the Equipment DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE; OR BREACH OF CONTRACT, DUTY OF CARE, DUTY OF GOOD FAITH OR FIDUCIARY DUTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DUTY OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT, in respect of the maintenance or repair of the Facilities; the selection, maintenance or repair of the Equipment; the provision or failure to provide any warnings, directions or instructions as to the use of the Facilities or Equipment; or the risks, dangers and hazards referred to above. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS REFERRED TO ABOVE;
● To hold harmless and indemnify the RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to or loss of property of or personal injury, illness or death suffered by any individual arising from any willfully or negligent act or omission by me, or by individuals whom I permit to enter the Facilities and to use the Facilities and Equipment;
● Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Release Agreement, THE RELEASEES’ TOTAL LIABILITY UNDER THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO AMOUNTS PAID BY ME FOR USE OF THE FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT, and the RELEASEES will not under any circumstances be liable for punitive, exemplary, aggravated or consequential damages;
● This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, successors, assigns and representatives;
● This Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and no other jurisdiction; and
● Any litigation involving this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of British Columbia and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of British Columbia.
Customers are financially responsible for any damage caused by failure to follow the House Rules, and acknowledge that The Golf Den Langley is under video surveillance. Tampering with a camera system or damaging equipment by not following these procedures will result in financial compensation being paid to The Golf Den Langley / Golfden Simulators.
Please be respectful towards other golfers at the facility, the equipment, and the premises. We want to ensure a great experience for everyone.
PAYMENTS AND AUTHORIZATION
I authorize The Golf Den Langley to charge my credit card for the stated amount with my booking time including applicable taxes, any other amounts for food, drinks purchased and no show fees if any. No show fees refers to a charge of $35 for any player that does not show up for the reservation, leaving the group with les players than originally booked at the time the reservation was made. I understand that I may cancel or change the reservation time and number of players with 24 hours advanced notice when possible or for last minute bookings, the morning of the day it was booked for.
I acknowledge that any extra time played beyond my booked session will be charged on my credit card in the duration of 30 additional minutes (i.e. for 10 minutes played beyond your booked session, an extra 30 minutes will be added; for 40 minutes played beyond your session; an extra 60 minutes will be added).
1. I acknowledge that I do not have any of the following symptoms associated with the COVID-19 virus; cough, fever, difficulty breathing;
2. To the best of my knowledge and belief, I have not been in contact with any person that has contracted COVID-19, nor have I been diagnosed as having COVID-19;
3. I have not travelled outside of Canada or have had close contact with anyone who has travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY USING THE EQUIPMENT AND THE FACILITIES, AND STAYING IN THIS FACILITY, I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.